Maryland Home Buying Guide
Finding and purchasing a home that will meet your needs now and in the future can be a stressful process. At Maryland Residential Realty our goal is to make this transition as smooth as possible. Here are some tips to make the search for your dream home seamless.
Before you start looking for a home, ask yourself a few questions:
- Where do you want to live? Do you want to be close to schools, shopping or work?
- What kind of house would you like (need)? Are you looking for a particular style? How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you want? Do you want a yard?
- How much house can you afford? Have you consulted a Realtor or mortgage lender to determine the size of the mortgage you would qualify for?
Tips to Help You Get Organized:
- Pull a credit report on yourself and make sure the information is accurate. Get pre-approved for a mortgage from a reputable lending institution.
- Browse through real estate advertisements in the newspaper, Real Estate Guides and here on MDResidentialRealty.com. This will give you a good feel for the types of homes that are on the market and what they cost.
- Visit open houses on weekends. It doesn't cost anything to look, and looking at a few different homes might give you ideas for things you'd like in a house but haven't considered.
- Start saving money - you'll need to have cash on hand for a down payment and closing costs.
- Don't incur any additional debt. Pay down your credit cards - and don't apply for any new ones. Don't make any major purchases on credit - buy the furniture or car later.
- Contact Maryland Residential Realty, we can help you determine how much you can afford, and provide you with information on homes that may interest you. We will also help you complete all of the necessary forms when it comes time to make an offer.
Feeling hesitant about starting the house-hunting process? Click here to contact us today.